Thursday, October 16, 2008

Caped Crusader??


Owen is enjoying his fall break from preschool. He is doing great and is such a character. We are trying to break his new habit of saying “what the…”. I honestly don’t know where he picked that up. He doesn’t say anything after the “what the..”, just “what the..” and I’m like “what the… are you doing Owen?”. He doesn’t understand why we don’t want him to say it. Trying explaining that to a 4 ½ yr. old. It went something like this.
“Owen, don’t say that.”
“Why, is that a bad word?”
“No, but it’s not a nice thing to say.”
“Why? It’s not a bad word.”
“I know but…please, just don’t say it”
“Why?”
“Because I said so and every time you say it, you have to give me 50 cents, OK!!”
“O.K. Mom.”
What I wanted to say was “Because it’s what you say before you say a bad word and every time I hear you say it, I hear a bad word at the end of “what the…” in my own mind!!!”
Like he doesn’t think I’m crazy enough, so I think I’ll just leave it alone. It was pretty hilarious though.


3 comments:

Thorey said...

Owen looks huge! I miss those kids so much. I love that he says "what the ...", that is so funny.

Matthew and Jill Smith Family said...

Hey Alicia - I loved seeing all your new pictures! I (actually Michelle) just set up our blog last night as well. I am still trying to figure it all out. At least Owen didn't finish his sentence and get sent home from pre-school like Madison! She has forgotten about that sentence now, but sometimes she will say, "What was that bad word?" Have a great day!

Trena said...

I love it! Umm, I'm pretty sure he got the "what the" from my brother! He is so adorable. I miss him so much!